Let’s start from the beginning.
First, after five rewarding years with Graceworks, I realized the time had come to move on to another adventure. I’ve learned so much from Carol and Annie and the whole Graceworks team—I believe there’s no one better for helping businesses make that vital human connection. I’m also grateful to all the amazing clients I’ve had the privilege of working with—thank you. There’s a lot to miss—including that awesome title: Chief Freedom Officer—but I’m looking forward to what lies ahead…
I’m back working on my book and last week I started my new job with McKinney Rogers, a global business execution company. I absolutely love it. I joined as a Principal Consultant and work as a course developer/director on the Integrated Business Leadership (IBL) team. I’m thrilled to be working with these people—they’re smart, innovative, and really “get it” in terms of how to effectively develop leaders of character. I can’t wait for you to meet them (I’m hoping to finagle a few interviews or even guest posts out of them!).
This new job also brings with it a big change for our family. After many years in New York City, we’re leaving the Big Apple for Northwest Arkansas!
Things we’re looking forward to:
- trading in our apartment for a house—and paying $1,000 less a month for it!
- doing laundry at home (not schlepping it to a Laundromat)
- letting our kids run around at 6am and not worrying about our downstairs neighbors
- having a backyard
- seeing the stars
Things we’ll miss:
- the street food (especially falafel & shawarma)
- riding the subway (this is Luke’s)
- seeing trains, planes, and tractors every time we go to the grocery store. (also Luke’s)
- the Chrysler building
- all of our amazing friends
What else should we look forward to in Arkansas?